Companies, organizations, and services co-founded prior to W3D's incorporation include:
- University of Houston's Allied Geophysical Laboratories, http://www.agl.uh.edu, 1981->
- Landmark Graphics Corporation, http://www.lgc.com, 15 December 1982->
- China Cattle Corporation,
29 November 1989-1994
- Barker, Texas Design Project, .../w3d_old/design/W3D89A, 29 November 1989->
- The Keynotes, 1964-1967, then The Mydknight Hour, 1967-1969
- Computer Genealogical Services, 1978-1979
Personal Implementation 2005 (see: Genealogy: Nelson and Hafen)
Companies, organizations, and services co-founded after incorporation include:
- HyperMedia Corporation, http://www.walden3d.com/hmc96, 04 January 1991->
(HyperMedia is inactive, although the UNIX, X-Windows, Motif, Client-Server hypertext software
- first developed in 1988 at Landmark - is available and is regularly used on consulting jobs.
W3D's plan for HMC is to use hypertext technology for information handling for a new type of city.)
- Dynamic Oil & Gas Corporation, http://www.walden3d.com/dynamic, 22 May 1991->
(Dynamic Oil & Gas Corporation is inactive; kept the name for future use.
W3D's plan for Dynamic is to provide energy for a new type of city.)
- Advanced Structures Incorporated, http://www.asidesign.com, 31 July 1991-> 15 April 2007
(W3D's plans for ASI technologies to provide the framework for a new type of city.)
- The Global Basin Research Network, September 1992->2005.
(W3D hopes the GBRN will demonstrate dynamic replenishment of certain types of oil and gas fields.)
- Virtual Seminars, On-Line or Classroom Courses and Seminars, 11 June 1996 -> 2003
(www.virtual-seminars.com was not renewed in 2003, although this is still a forum to present W3D projects.)
- Knowledge BackboneSM, http://www.walden3d.com/knowledge_backboneSM, 05 September 1996->
(W3D belives a variation of this technology will index all activities in a new type of city.)
- Walden Visualization Systems Corporation, http://www.walden3d.com/wvs/index.htm, 1997->1999
(WVS became Continuum Resources. W3D's plan is to use VR techologies to design and sell new cities.)
- Creative Enterprise Solutions, LLC or CES, LLC, 1998->1999
(W3D's New York City counterpart incubator, inactive now, and with several technologies available to W3D.)
- Heritage Galleries On-Line Corporation, August 1998->2003
(W3D plans to use HGOL concepts to provide art for a new type of city.)
- Continuum Resources International Corporation, http://www.walden3d.com/wvs/index.html,
01 January 1999 -> December 2000 (Continuum still active in London at Imperial College as of June 2003.)
- North American RC-SIG, http://www.walden3d.com/rcsig, 31 January 1999-> May 2001
(W3D used this forum to better understand bounds and limits of Virtual Reality.)
- vPatch, LLC, 1999->2003
(W3D has access to vPatch technologies, including web based project management,
real-time measurement and monitoring of field data, etc. This project was incubated by CES.)
- Periodic Newsletter / Virtual Seminar, http://www.walden3d.com/journal, 28 Sep -> Dec 2000
(W3D saw this as a medium to share learnings, however there has been no interest to date.)
- Dynamic Resources Corporation, http://www.walden3d.com/dynamic, 16 Jan 2001->
Dynamic is a virtual oil company, taking advantage of an extensive NetWork of geoprofesssionals to
The advantages of Dynamic's approach include:
- to put together new deals, and
- to outsource exploration for participation, after all fees are recovered.
- Cheaper, because payment is tied to results;
- Faster, because the only people assigned to projects have appropriate experience; and
- Better, because everyone is smarter than anyone.
- Abbott's On-Line Atlas, http://www.walden3d.com/Abbott, 12 May 2001->
(This continues a project started in 1988 to build an on-line library of outcrop, log, and seismic geologic analogs.
This is a Dynamic TMI [Technologies of Mutual Interest] and supports Dynamic's AMIs [Areas of Mutual Interest].)
. . .